Sarah Palin, who is ridiculed by The Left for being 'stupid; or 'idiotic', succinctly and correctly nails the current state of the union as reported by Breitbart:
"What is the true state of our union? We are a country going bankrupt to fund a bloated, distant, and often corrupt federal government led by venal politicians more concerned with paying off their campaign cronies and consolidating their own power than in preserving the constitutional republic that so many have fought and died for (including our brave men and women in uniform who were barely mentioned last night)."
"If you missed President Obama’s State of the Union address last night, you didn’t miss much – especially if you watched any of his past four State of the Union addresses," Palin wrote. "We heard the same recycled rhetoric, and we heard his Orwellian declaration that the cornucopia of new federal programs he proposed, as well as his intention to eradicate world poverty, that would not 'increase our deficit by a single dime.'"Obama should be infamous by now for using the phrase "not increase our deficit by a single dime" since he's the King of Deficits. Remember he said that ObamaCare wouldn't add a dime to the deficit? It would be funny if not so tragic. It's ironic that Palin is pilloried by the Left when it is Obama and his supporters who have their heads in the sand and can never learn the lesson of history. Socialism and central planning were profoundly debunked last century and will be debunked in this new century too.
Rand Paul, in a four minute video shown below, had a good series of responses to the president' State of the Union address as reported in Mish's Global Economic Analysis:
- Democrats believe that the government is the economic answer to all our economic and social ills.
- The debt hangs like a sword of Damocles, reminding Obama that he cannot pursue his liberal agenda without raising taxes or bankrupting the country.
- We are sick and tired of hearing why a program is wanted but not how we are going to pay for it.
- Even without Obamacare, Medicare and social security are threatened by the demographics of the baby boomers. Within a few years we will go from 42 million seniors to 77 million seniors in the space of a few years.
- Obama by his nature is a progressive, a believer that government is the answer, that the elite few can make society better if only they had enough money.
- Obama believes that stimulus would work if only government had more taxpayer money to spend. No matter that stimulus spent $400,000 per job created.
- Let us hope the debt crisis will be managed before we destroy this great country, before we destroy our currency, before we destroy the dream we hope to pass on to our kids and our grandkids.Paul concludes with a message "We believe that government is the problem and not the solution".
Thanks Rand Paul.