The vilification of the opposition party has been bearing bitter fruit all year. The first sign of this was when Obama was unable to get even a modest bipartisan support for his fairly benign gun control bill consisting of background checks. The simple reason was that Republicans do not trust Obama, his administration or the Democrats. Obama has proven to be a back stabber. There is no trust in Washington.
The President doesn't have any friends abroad either. He's alienated our traditional friends like Britain and tried to "make nice" with Russia and Iran. So, lo and behold, British Parliament also didn't support the President's Syria action. Conversely, Putin is now embarrassing Obama daily on the world stage. More centrifuges are spinning in Iran as we stay distracted by the 'incompetent one.' Soon Iran's nukes will be the biggest issue of the decade and maybe of this century.
Obama Has Failed Miserably in his 2nd Term
From Peter Wehner at Commentary Magazine, Obama hasn't succeeded in anything so far in 2012:
"How bad has 2013 been for Barack Obama? Let us count the ways. In the first year of his second term, the president has failed on virtually every front."
- He put his prestige on the line to pass federal gun-control legislation–and lost.
- He made climate change a central part of his inaugural address–and nothing has happened.
- The president went head-to-head with Republicans on sequestration–and he failed.
- He’s been forced to delay implementation of the employer mandate, a key feature of the Affordable Care Act.
- ObamaCare is more unpopular than ever, and it’s turning out to be a “train wreck” (to quote Democratic Senator Max Baucus) in practice.
- The most recent jobs report was the worst in a year, with the Obama recovery already qualifying as a historically weak one.
- Immigration reform is going nowhere.
- And then there’s Syria, which has turned out to be an epic disaster.
In Foreign Policy, It's Failure as Far as the Eye Can See
In the foreign policy arena, the president is also reaping the rewards of his first term and it's ongoing policy of 1) alienating our traditional allies, 2) cozy-ing up to revolutionaries like Morsi, 3) trying to forge alliances where there are no mutual interests, i.e., in Russia and Iran, and 4) projecting weakness. On the subject of foreign policy, this president has been wrong all along with failure in nearly every case:
- The Russian "reset" is, now more than ever, a complete joke. Obama must be the favorite topic of jokes in the Kremlin. After Obama's stand down in Syria, Putin is suddenly acting like the leader of free world. Isn't that the ultimate irony? Remember in his first term when Obama unilaterally cancelled the defensive missiles negotiated by the Bush administration destined for Czech Republic and Poland? Obama did it without any concessions from Russia. We gave them away for free when Russia hated those missiles. Snubs of Obama and America came from Putin came just days later when Putin declared that he wasn't going to support Obama on Iran sanctions.
- The Iranian "reset" is an even more of a joke, with more uranium centrifuges spinning than ever while Obama suddenly obsesses about Syria. In Iran, there wasn't a word of support from Obama for Pro-Western reformers in Iran that risked (and gave) their lives in 2009 to protest the Mullahs.
- The President remains an idiot about Islamist intentions around the world . Witness this administration's ongoing support for Morsi even when the brotherhood was dismantling the Constitution to turn Egypt into an Islamic state. How stupid are these people? Very stupid is the answer. Maybe Obama is really a Muslim?
- In Egypt, leading from behind, we suddenly turned on Mubarak, leading to the collapsed state of Egypt that only avoids complete collapse (for now) only because of $12 billion in aid from Saudi and Kuwait.
- In Libya, we turned on Gaddafi who was less than perfect but might have been reformed. We turned on him with no real thought of what was to follow.
- We fled Iraq without leaving a trace of the US military force which nearly guarantees that the country will slide backward under the influence of both Iran and Al Qaeda.
The Obama Presidency is what America gets for their "white guilt" and our "affirmative action" policies gone wrong. The result is incompetence and mediocrity and defeat.